VBS '09

VBS '09

Power Lab '08

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tomorrow, Tommorow...

And we all know how that song goes!

Yes folks, its true, by tomorrow night at this time we will have finished our first night of Crocodile Dock VBS!
Wow, what a ride it has been to get here.
Our family has definetly seen our share of trials of late, but we know that, just as the song playing says, God never lets go of us!
We are so thankful for the prayers and encouragment from our church family.

As I sit here on the eve of VBS, my thoughts are a little scattered.
There are little last minute things to do, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter.
My focus remains the same...That God will be glorified by our service to Him, and that childrens lives will be changed forever by the hearing of His word. Period. The end.
Today, 4 groups of 2-4 each, went and passed out around 600 flyers in our area neighborhoods!
600! If we get a return of 10%, PLUS our kids that always come, folks, I am here to tell you, we are going to be busting at the seems!
We'll run out of crafts, nametags, goodies, and maybe even food...but the Gospel will not change!
That is our focus, that is the reason we do VBS every year. And that is the reason we do it well.

In our culture that is being hit with stories of families not allowed to have a Bible study in their home and persecution around the globe because of the name of Christ, I am thankful that we still have the oppurtunity to allow kids into our church as our captive audience to hear the good news of Jesus Christ!
I pray that we will all be found faithful in our work for the kindgom this week.
I pray we will take advantage of the oppurtunity we have been given to plant the seeds of the Gospel into these kids lives.
And I pray that God will bring to us the kids that most need to hear about the hope that we have, and that they also can have, in Christ unfailing love.

"Oh, no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm.
Oh, no, you never let go, Lord you never let go of me."
I am thankful for that truth today, and pray that in light of that, God will use me this week for His glory.

No comments: