VBS '09

VBS '09

Power Lab '08

Friday, May 22, 2009

10 Days and Counting...

It's hard to believe its already Memorial Day weekend, the last weekend before we begin VBS '09.

These past couple of weeks have been very trying for myself and many of you that are facing issues and difficulties. It is a comfort to know that we are all in God's Sovereign hands and none of our difficulties escape Him.

I want to thank all of you that have helped our family, brought food, sent a card, dropped an email, over the past couple of weeks. We have been blessed by your kindness.



So where do we stand with VBS?
Well, I think we stand pretty well.
There are some minor issues that need to be worked out, but I am confident they will be.
There are no scheduled meetings between now and May 31st, but I do want to remind you of a few things.



1. Saturday May 30th- This is the day that we will pass out flyers and invite the surrounding neighborhoods to VBS. PLEASE make every effort to attend. The more people we have, the less time it will take.

We will plan on meeting at 10:00 am.


2. There will be many things going on Saturday afternoon after passing out the flyers. There is decorating to be done, supplies to be put in the appropriate place, etc. If you are able to be there, you help will be appreciated. We had a great time doing this last year, and enjoyed several runs to Sonic for slushies!


3. Sunday May 31st- VBS begins at 5:00, but we need all hands on deck before that.
Because of the craziness of my life lately, I have not been able to meet with all of you at the same time, so I would like to at 4:15, before the kids arrive. We will meet briefly in the sanctuary and go over any last minute things, and have a group time of prayer.



I would like to meet with the crew leaders at 4:00 for 15 minutes pryor to this.


4. I will be speaking with all of the station leaders individually over the next week to go over any last minute needs.

5. If you signed up to help with registration, please plan on coming also at 4:00 on the 31st, to go over things with Kristen.

6. As you know, we all like to eat and the staff food room provides all the staff with dinner every night. It is important for EVERYONE to sign up to bring something during the week. I will provide the drinks, but I need you to bring other things. We will try to have Sunday taken care of, and on Sunday night there will be a sign up sheet. PLEASE sign up to bring something twice during the week. This will be most helpful to everyone.

7. Tim Head will be in the FLC starting Tuesday night. If you have a chance to stop by and lend a hand with the set, I am sure he will appreciate it.

Thanks guys for all you do and for your support and prayers of the VBS ministry. I am confident that God is going to do great things during Crocodile Dock and I pray that above all, His name will be glorfied by the teaching of His word and the Worship of His name throughout the week.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc. I am available.

God bless you all,
Missy

1 comment:

Jeri Tanner said...

Good job on this, Missy-lou. I am on board for whatever we need. Love ya.