VBS '09

VBS '09

Power Lab '08

Friday, June 6, 2008

Get up Get up!

Get up and tell the world about Jesus! That is what we left our kids with last night on our last night of Power Lab VBS. I can't believe it's over. It's always bittersweet. I pray that all of the kids left with an excitement for the Gospel and for living it out in their actions, including telling others.
I don't know how many kids we had last night, but it had to have been close to the 70 mark.
During our closing ceremonies they where really getting into and showing their parents what a good time they had this week.
I pray that many of the kids that came to VBS will come back with their families for Church services and become more involved. There where several kids in particular that I was so impressed with that we have seen at VBS year after year and then don't see them again. I am making it a goal to be better this year about follow up.

We ended the night with the results from our Ms Nancy Missions offering. Thank you to all of the adults who so willingly stuff our kids pockets and give them the opportunity to give. We made the offering a fun competition, but I do hope that all of the kids and adults understand that our offering is our opportunity to give back to God for what He has so richly blessed us with. That being said, last nights reveal turned into a big fiasco, and in the end, I left having been majorly slimed!!! And yes it was gross, and felt like applesauce being poured all over me.


Thank you to all of you that pitched in for the gift cards for me!!! That was so kind of you all and I plan on taking my husband out on the town tonight. He deserves it after these past few weeks of seeing me only in passing. But seriously, thank you for even allowing me the opportunity to serve in this way for VBS. I truly enjoy it and am thankful that God has allowed me this way to serve Him. I am amazed how much God teaches me through VBS. I hope that everyone that was involved feels the same way.

Gwendy Starkey and Cliff Prosser took lots and lots of pictures this week and I hope to make a slide show for the blog real soon.

Thank you all for your help and support this week. It was a great week and one that I will not soon forget!

No comments: