VBS '09

VBS '09

Power Lab '08

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh no You never let go...










Day 3 is in the books and I would have to say that we have a favorite song for the year.
"You never let go". Tonight we learned that Jesus gives us the power to be brave. AHA!
We learned that Jesus gave Peter the courage to walk on water. But what happened when Peter took His eyes off of Jesus. He sank...just like we do when we take our eyes off of Jesus. Aren't you thankful that He never let go of you! I know I am.

We had 74 kids tonight! AHA! We have increased by 32 since the first night. WOW!
I am happy that tonight I was able to get to all of the stations to see what was going on.
Bible blast looked like a blast and Ken Starkey is doing an incredible job telling the story every night. Darcy, Tina, Mary, and David are doing a great job making the story lifelike with the props and the different hands on things that go with the story. I love that the kids don't just hear a Bible Story, they participate in it as well.

I also got to view the games tonight. Man are they having a good time out there. I saw a lot of wet kids and crew leaders, but considering the hot temperatures we are having, I don't think they minded. And in case you are keeping count.... Pastor Tim has made 2 kids cry this week!
But he does a wonderful job when he's not making kids cry and I think the kids enjoy playing the games with him.

Oozology youth is a fun place for our 6th and 7th graders and I got to see Mr. Craig in action tonight. I was impressed that our 10 kids in this age group sat and were listening intently. They seem to be enjoying themselves and Joe and Sharon Ezell are a tremendous help to Craig as well.
Logan said on the way home that tonight was the best night of VBS EVER! I'm glad he felt that way, because I thought it was a pretty good night too!
Please be in prayer for our children and workers Wednesday night. This is the night that the story of Jesus death and Resurrection will be given and reiterated all night long. Pray for everyone the will be involved in giving the Gospel, that we will have clarity in our words and pray for the listeners ears to be open to the greatest news of all.
Pastor Tim will be talking to the kids at the end of the night and they will be given an opportunity to respond. Please pray for this time.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.

No comments: