VBS '09

VBS '09

Power Lab '08

Monday, June 2, 2008

Day one Complete!

Jesus gives us the Power to be Thankful! AHA!
I am thankful for a smooth day. I planned to blog about it last night when the day was over, but I came home and sat on the couch and then my day was over! :)
I am happy to report that we had more volunteers than children, which is never a bad problem on opening night. We had 42 kids in all and I anticipate even more tonight.
The feed back from my kids today is good. They loved it. Lana's favorite is Professor Wilma and Logans is Crafts and Games. It's good to have my kids in VBS because I get the true low down. Really I feel sorry for their crew leaders because my kids are going to tell me everything!

It was wonderful to have some of our Church members show up for our opening ceremony. I heard Mr. Bo was really getting into it! One of the things that I love about Vacation Bible School is the uninhibited worship. I love seeing our kids learning the motions and lifting their hands in praise, and I love seeing our workers and non workers doing the same. It would be great if we would carry some of our VBS worship over into our daily worship and worship on Sundays!

Congratulations to Pastor Tim for making it through the first day without making any children cry. I told him not to get to big headed...he's still got 4 days to go!
I think one of the highlights as far as an adult stand point goes was seeing Glen Miller and Joey Breighner sitting at a table doing Arts and Crafts. I really hope someone got a picture of that! They sat there with glue dots and picture frames and had a grand ole time. There wives helped too, so I would like to think it was good couple time for all of them :)
I understand that Glen Miller would like a stash of Glue Dots to keep in his boat now!
Seriously, I appreciate their willingness to come and to help out wherever needed. Thanks guys! (And girls!)

All of the Station leaders are reporting good nights and I imagine that as the week wears on they will become great nights! I didn't get to make it to all of the stations last night, but I anticipated tonight being a little free er to do that.
I will try to take some pictures with my camera tonight that I can bring home and post tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for our kids. Power Lab is a wonderful stepping stone in our kids lives to teach not only about Jesus and His miraculous Power, but how they can realistically live out His power through them. I believe VBS is just another seed that is planted in our kids lives that point them towards Godliness. In 10 years they may not remember every story, every craft, or every game, but I pray that they will remember VBS as a time that they really began to understand and participate in worshiping their Saviour and learning more about Him.

We begin tonight at 6:00...hope to see you there!

No comments: